Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 17, 2011

All you need is a positive attitude.

Let me start with this quote " People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be" Abraham Lincoln.

I am convinced that ATTITUDE is everything! It is your choice either to be negative OR positive- it is as simple as that. We all have this power to control our happiness in life because happiness is NOT determined by situations but by attitude. Our attitude about a situation not the actual situation itself, determines whether we view state of affairs as good, bad or ugly.

Let me very candid when I give currency that there is tremendous power in positive attitude. Let us not get into doom or despair in a situation. The formula is to have Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength. And these components add to the positive attitude. What hinders is the emotion of Fear, Self doubt, Bitterness, and Defeat.

Even if there is lot of temptation to think negative, look it more deeply, you can always find "gains" of positive things in and around your thinking! The best cure for unhappiness is to really start to Count your blessings! Yes, now this will start the reverse gear technique and feelings of frustration and despair will vanish and a positive "thinking:" will start emerging. Now is the time to say "I had the "blues" (note the past tense!) We all have within us, the power to convert any negative thoughts into a positive one with joy and satisfaction.

We have to; transform our thinking set some realistic goals. Here the "Yes I Can" attitude has to be cultivated. ( 24 x 7 ) Let us say that you want to lose 30 kgs just believe that you can do it! May be some of you wants to win a marathon- start dreaming that you have WON it!!! Yes, in the beginning there could be some pain, sweat and endless runs, but that is only in the beginning- but at the end of it, you have reached your mark!!
We all know that "as the day unfolds" it brings its own agenda, however why not get up in the morning with a determination that you are going to have a great day! It is a magic- sure enough you are going to have a productive meaningful efficient day. But if your morning wake up yawn is going to echo " hey! Looks like it is going to be another awful day" mate sure enough you are going to end up the way you have "thought" in a negative way.
This is one of the quotes I always remember when I take a self audit every week! Charles R Swindoll, American philosopher, author, educator, pastor once said, " Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there is no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, and no challenge too great for me"

So dream big!

All you need is a positive attitude.

No comments: